Ok, so if you haven't heard it from Clayton, my dad, or my siblings yet YOU PROBABLY WILL so I may as well get this out in the open. Every year around March 17th I hear about how I used to totally believe in leprechauns growing up. Here's how it started:
In first grade we made Leprechaun traps. Mine was really tricky.. I made a little house with miniature stairs, I think, and with a "pot of gold" inside to lure the leprechaun in. But the tricky part is that the floor was made of this glue stuff to catch the leprechaun. The next day when we came into class my teacher said "looks like Susan almost caught one!" There was a tiny little green shoe stuck to my sticky floor in my trap! That did it! All the other kids oo-ed and aa-ed and I sat there and believed. I started finding miniature footprints in the textured paint on our walls and that's when my parents started to worry about me! The legends of the Hawaiian "menehune" only backed up my belief of miniature people-like creatures. I'm not sure how long I kept on believing, but my family likes to tease that I was like 12 when I stopped, but that's ridiculous!... lol... ha. ha. (cough). :-P
I searched the internet for a picture of a leprechaun that matched the image I had in my kid mind and this one from 123coloring.com comes close. Minus the beard; skinny, nice-looking, and with TINY feet!
Just thought I'd share that little bit of embarrassing information with you all. Anyone else have an embarrassing story sort of like this or am I one of a kind?!
Just thought I'd share that little bit of embarrassing information with you all. Anyone else have an embarrassing story sort of like this or am I one of a kind?! 

5 comments:
Susan - that is SO funny! I had kind of a similar thing happen... although it was in *3rd Grade*, which is so much more embarrassing! Let's just say it has to do with my uncle telling us he "accidentally" left his camcorder on over Christmas night and he caught Santa Claus on video! I watched him putting my presents under the tree and eating the cookie and all the adults swore up and down that my uncle just caught him by accident. I told my whole class for show and tell...
SO embarrassing! I'm glad someone else had a similar story! =)
I love St. Patty's day :) Cute story.
ooooh sweetie! this is why we all love you sooo much!!! your so special!!! lol that was a cute story
LOL. Cute story! I remember searching the clovers (or at least they looked like clovers) in our front yard for a leprechaun when I was younger! I was determined to find out where one had hidden it's pot of gold! :)
Susan,
You will have to have your Auntie Pam Molyneaux tell you all about the Fairies that she used to believe in when she was young (and your dad used to stomp on, or smack with his hands in the air to tease her and make her cry)...it's a great story.
Kenny
Post a Comment