Thank you to the internet! I needed something to do with New York Steaks and this was fast and easy. I had potatoes, but I didn't want to do baked since the last few times I've tried to do baked potatoes I cook them FOREVER and they are still hard... maybe my oven temperature is off. Anyway! So I found an easy recipe for fries. Actually, it was on Food Network a few hours before I decided what to make and I looked it up. I finished it off with one of those pre-washed bags of salad. This salad has been in my fridge for over a week and is still fresh and I'll probably have some tomorrow and the next day! My secret? When you get home from the grocery store dump the salad from the bag into a Debbie Myer GREEN BAG (click here to see). These things really work! for 9.99 you get 20 bags and each is re-usable 10 times. The trick is to wipe out the moisture from inside the bag with a paper towel every once in a while.
So.. a pretty easy dinner, huh?
If you are interested in how to make delicious steaks you should watch this guy, I am a visual person and I hate cooking on the stove top (it becomes KAMAKAZI kitchen!) and he made it look easy and doable.
The steaks were amazing.. Clayton even said I'm on "steak duty" now since they were so good. The fries were also very good and a fun change. They were just fine with dried parsley instead of fresh and the finely grated pizza-topping-type parmesan cheese instead of fresh or shredded. I'm sure they would be better with fresh parsley and parmesan, but I'm all about quick, easy, and in-expensive.
Main Dish: How To Make Peppered Steak
Recipe for the fries click here
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
For Dinner Tonight:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Looks tasty!
Mmmmm. That looks delish. Will you be on steak duty at my house, too?
Yeah! I have steaks and now I know how I want to do them. Thanks!
Wow, that looks amazing! And thanks for the tip about the green bags--that's awesome! We never buy salad because we just don't eat it fast enough. Maybe we can get back in the habit now :)
Post a Comment