Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Birthdays and Update!

Alo-ha! We're here in Kona and loving it! The job hunt was much crazier than we had expected. Part of why I haven't posted anything has been because I wanted to wait until we had some sort of news to report like JOBS! Clayton and I are both helping my parent's out at the Law Practice and getting good experience. It is a blessing to be able to work for them right now and only hope we are doing a good enough job to help out the cause! I did get a part-time, 10-hour/week job at Edward Jones that will start next week so that will be nice. Other than that, we're just here! We enjoyed having Grandma Smith here with us for the first month. Loved hearing her loud "WELLL, ARE YA HERE?!" greeting when we would come home. She had the set-up! Pool-time every day 9:30-11:30, girlfriend-time, the temple once a week, and nice morning walks. Glad we got to be here with her here.

Rachel was here with Kaili for a few days in January as well! We got to celebrate Kaili's one-year birthday at the beach! She's growing up so fast! We love skyping with Rachel and Kaili when we can.

We did get some church callings. Clayton and I serve in the young men and young woman programs. I am the beehive (12-year-old-girls) adviser and Clayton is the teacher's quorum (14-year-old-boys) adviser so we both teach on Sundays. Also, we now are teaching early-morning seminary to the juniors and seniors of the stake. It's pretty tough getting used to preparing a lesson practically every day and waking up so early but we can already see the blessings of serving. We enjoy being with the youth - they are fun.

So, that's the report! I'll post some pictures in the next post. Clayton turned 29 in January and I had my birthday last week and I'm 24 (two-dozen!). We got to go on a nice waterfall hike on my birthday so there are pictures from that. We try to go to the beach on Saturdays when we can. As you can see from the pictures, though, our tans still need some help!! =p


3 comments:

Natalie said...

Loved the Grandma comment. I can totally hear it! :)

The Skeens said...

Lovin that report! We are so jealous and miss you tons, but glad you are livin it up! Mwah!

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Glad you are having a good time. I wish my parents lived in Hawaii! We do miss seeing you at Bed Beth and Beyond. Take care and Happy late Birthday to you both.