Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 27, 2010

What a MORNING!

What a morning! Wake up at 4:30AM to phone call.. mom/dad pick it up, I'm thinking there might be an emergency, someone going to hospital. I say a quiet prayer, go back to sleep. 5AM hear the car leave, think mom and dad have gone to the hospital as has happened before when we get calls in middle of night. Say another prayer. 6AM wake up confusedly to blaring tsunami warning sirens. Clayton couldn't sleep so I wake up and I'm by myself. I scramble, see him on the couch, wonder why he's not freaking out!! "It's a TSUNAMI warning," I say to him, (HELLO!! I'm thinking!!).. He stays calm. Apparently after I fell asleep last night it had been on the news that there may be a tsunami warning so he knew about it. I'm still half asleep and confused and scared. Don't we need to get to higher ground.. what do we do?? Mom's gone, I find out she went to get groceries and gas before the rush (REALLY GOOD IDEA!), phone call was from member of church about the tsunami warning. She comes home, I run down to help her bring in groceries, and here's the kicker to my morning: I step on a centipede!! It didn't sting me but boy did I jump and scream repeatedly before hugging mom and telling her what a morning I'd had! Phew.. I'm awake now!

Ever have mornings where everyone seems to know what's going on except you?!

FYI, our home is out of the tsunami evacuation zone. Our side of the island is unlikely to get hit very badly, though it is important to be ready. Everyone is calmly getting ready.. the tsunami is supposed to reach the islands later today at 11AM. Could be nothing.. 3-foot waves.. So this post isn't to make anyone worry at all. Just to laugh and remember my crazy morning.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

I think its great how we have had so many run ins with those centipedes but never been stung. OR did mom get stung once??

torri said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is okay with you guys! That would be scary to wake up to that and not know what was going on!

Rachel said...

That is a crazy morning! I can just see you waking up in a panic. I bet you won't need a work out today for the way your heart's been racing! Be safe! Love you!

Penelope said...

Scary! I would have been the same way. Hope to hear from you guys soon!

grandmasmith said...

Too bad I wasn't there with you for the excitement!

TheGleeds said...

You are too cute! Ryan told me, though, that centipedes are actually kinda scary!! Stay safe and know we miss you! XX