Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Two Mother's Day Haiku

A local radio station here is hosting a Mother's Day haiku contest and so I took it as a great excuse to try to be creative again. The poetry form haiku originated from Japan. The haiku in English typically has 17 syllables, broken into three lines 5-7-5. But that's just a guideline. I think I focused too much on that aspect and need to realize the freedom of the haiku. Also, I think the haiku poems that are the most powerful focus only on one subject and both of these poems have two subjects. Next time! I'm so out of practice when it comes to creative writing, but I did have fun. These are the two I turned in. Enjoy!

Expecting Each Other

Little flutter kicks
A baby bumping around
Our own funny world

-----
My Mother, My Accompanist

Gentle percussions
Perfectly playing for me
I sing by her love

P.S. Get to find out if we're having a boy or a girl FRIDAY! If you haven't voted on the poll, put in your vote :)

3 comments:

pamelasue said...

Very beautiful and I think you are silly to think you are out of practice. They both convey such a wonderful feeling. Can't wait to see what the baby is!!!

holo said...

That theres sum fine portree. (Nice tribute to your Mom!)

pamelasue said...

I voted for a boy! Was I right????