Besides the fact that we had to work Thursday and Friday after our nice 4th of July holiday we still felt like this counted as part of our weekend fun! Friday we got a call from Clayton's brother Charlie saying he had received his mission call! He wanted as much family as possible to be up in Menlo Park with him when he opened it so after I got off work we rushed up there. It worked out nicely because Heather had just gotten in on the 5th (she lives in NY city) for a visit so she got to be there too! ELDER CHARLIE LEONARD will be serving in the RICHMOND, VIRGINIA MISSION and will report to the MTC on October 3rd. Congrats 'Chum'!!
Peetie turns 60 in August, but you wouldn't know it by her athleticism! Wow, take a look at these pictures. She's on a surfboard with no foot holds. She is pulled at fist lying on her stomach and while she balances holding on with one hand she brings herself to her knees and then finally to her feet! Cool Peet!
Saturday evening we had a nice dinner at Celias with Mom Leonard and Gamma Betty to celebrate Heather's late birthday (it was on the third). Then Charlie, Heather, Clayton and I went to see TRANSFORMERS which Clayton has been wanting to see since before Christmas last year! Because we were so tuckered out we decided to stay the night up in Menlo Park and go to Church there Sunday. After church we had a really nice dinner at the Welch's home. Whew. Busy weekend, huh?! But so so fun.
(Left to right around the table: Me, Clayton, Barb, Deanne -her birthday was the next day on the 9th, Gamma, Heather, Nicholas, Audrey, Kathy, Charlie, Jameson, and Jim)


7 comments:
Looks like so much fun Susan!! Did you get up skiing?
Ya, Jenna, I got up but I couldn't keep the skiis together when I made it up :P It was still fun, though!
Well good job!! that is great!! You are better than me, I never even tried skiing...I just went straight to wakeboarding, then I didnt have to worry about my feet haha!!
How cold was the agua?
Here is a nice proposal for Clayton: Hey Clayton, if you attend the next few home games and catch Barry Bonds record breaking home run ball I will pay you $100 for it. Thats a deal! That would reimburse you for the tickets to the games. How does that sound?
The water actually wasn't that cold, which was nice. It was colder in the boat with the wind at some times.
haha! That's funny. We were thinking we'd kayak in the bay and catch it out there in the water, :p
That lady surfing is pretty hilarious and very impressive. Sounds like you had a fun, eventful week!
Post a Comment