Hi everyone! Sorry I've been such a slacker lately with blogger. Things have been a little crazy!
Some of you may have heard through the grape-vine Clayton and I will be moving back to Provo in January! We weren't expecting to make such a big change right now in our lives, but we feel like this is the best thing for us to be doing. While in Provo we will be paying half of what we pay now for a bigger place with a Washer/Dryer and DISHWASHER. Hopefully, by lowering our financial pressures Clayton can focus on studying and re-taking the D.A.T. and perhaps a few classes to boost his science GPA. I'll be working hard (he calls me his 'sugar-mamma!') to pay the bills, and maybe take a few classes myself. This dental school stuff is quite competative right now and so we want Clayton to have the very best shot at getting in this time around.
Oh, and we bought a new car too! Thanks to Clayton's friend and old missionary companion Cody we were able to get a great deal on a 2005 Jeep Cherokee with only 22K miles on it. Not bad! Merry Christmas to us!
So that's the scoop! It's out of the fog and into the snow for the Leonards. We really love our ward here and have had a great time in the City. We have made some amazing friends here who we will miss tremendously. But, if Clayton gets in to U.O.P. or U.C.S.F. then we'll be back in the sunset ward again. Yay!
(P.S., I got rid of the few coats/gloves/winter stuff I had when we moved out here because I knew our closet space would be limited. So if anyone has old coats or winter things they don't want I'd be happy to buy them from you!)
More on my job-search and a few catch-up posts with pictures to come!!!
Happy Holidays!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
We're Moving!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Im sure its bitter sweet for you guys to move out here! But Im excited for you two to be closer!! Did you guys buy a house out here or staying in an apartment? I know all too well the no dishwasher ordeal...Im excited for you to have one:) (I went two years washing dishes by hand, only broke one and ended up at the ER for stitches haha) Love you both and am excited for you guys to be in Utah!!
I am so so sad that you are moving. I will keep my fingers crossed that you will move back here soon!
I know how much you have loved it there but I must say we are excited to have you in Utah. Family is wonderful and it is nice to be close together. Let us know if you need help moving in once you get here.
Congratulations on the upcoming adventure and to the new car! I absolutely love jeep cherokees--great choice! I hate to admit this, but I am kinda missing provo...so send it my love ok ;)? You two are so cute and I am so happy for all the things you are doing. XOXO
Susan and Clayton,
I'm so excited to hear that you're coming back! It'll be so nice for us here in Utah to have you guys closer!! But I am sure that, like Jenna said, it's going to be really bittersweet for you both. I'm sure that you'll learn to cope with the help of the Washer/dryer and dishwasher, though! ;)
Love ya both, and PLEASE let me know if you need help moving or unpacking, help with anything!
We're really going to miss you! We must hang out before then. Take a few pictures, you know. :)
Taqueria this Friday?
We are so grateful we have you both as friends. Clayton, thanks for being such a great home teacher. We will miss you guys, and are a little envious of the lower cost of living! We'll need to stay in touch since we both are in Utah so often.
How exciting and sad at the same time! It sounds like you are being so wise, though. I'm sure you will make the most of wherever you are. Good luck with the DAT! I don't know if you've considered this (and I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new) but my friend had a really hard time with the DAT, so he paid the huge amount and took a Kaplan course and it boosted his score like crazy - he actually got so high that he could really get into any school he wanted after that. I'm sure Clayton's score was great without that, but I just thought I'd share.
I am so excited to have you closer again! When things settle a bit for you we will have to have you up. Hummm..you know what this time of year means don't you? SUPERBOWL PARTY! I'll be calling with info. In the meantime, I could use your new address (for my "holiday" cards:) and your phone #. The one on grams list isn't right. Welcome to Provo!!
so how was the move? settled in yet?
K I am dying for an update! Have you guys moved yet? Are you in Utah? Do you need any help? Let me know if I can do anything!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CLAYTON! I don't think I have his email address so I thought I'd post a comment even though it's an old blog post! I hope the move went well!
Post a Comment