Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I wish I had a picture:

My grandpa smith passed away last week. I've been trying to think of the best way to put something up about it on our blog. All I keep saying to myself is "I wish I had a picture..." that would show you how hilarious he was... I wish I had a picture that could show you how close he was to the Lord... how strong his testimony was... I wish I had a picture that could show you how much he loved his family and how much his family loved him... I wish I had a picture that could show you how he could, without fail, make any group unite in laughter! The list goes on.

These three pictures are the best I could do. All I really want to say is I love and respect him and will miss seeing him here. But I know I will see him again, and I know that he is happier now that he is not limited by the set-backs of his physical body. The people he is with now are lucky to have him around! Love you grandpa.

To all of you who are traveling here for the funeral, please travel safely. I can't wait to see all of your faces, the faces of those who know and love him too. We'll celebrate his life and his influence together.


3 comments:

~Veronica said...

Hey Suzie Q & Pancho
My condolences for the loss of your grandpa. I hope you are doing well. There is a song by Dianne Reeves called Better Days, that I just love. It makes me think of my grandma and our relationship. Check it out you can find it on youtube. Take care.
Love Always

pamelasue said...

That was such a sweet tribute to your amazing grandpa. The pictures were nice also. I am sorry you have to go through this..Loves to you.

leinani45 said...

Susan!
Hey! I was wandering through blogger and came upon your blog! :) I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. He really was an amazing person. I got to meet him a couple of times when he came to hawaii to visit. He was a great man. IF you guys need anything, let me know. :) Aloha!