Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Funeral Pictures

I miss my Grandpa Smith today. Especially because I drive by the nursing home everyday on my way home from work and think of all the times I should've just turned in and given him a big hug while he was still here. That's the hardest part about losing someone, I think. Even though you know they still feel and think and are, you can't touch them and be near them and talk to them like you could when they were here. Someday, though. What a blessing it is to know that we will be with him and be able to hug him again.
The funeral services were beautiful. I teared up a few times when I realized the beautiful, strong, united family that my Grandpa and Grandma Smith have created. We must have filled 6 center pews with children, grandchildren, amd great-grandchildren, and then almost all of the rest of the chapel was filled with extended family. I felt blessed and proud to be a part of such a great family and I'm sure my Grandpa is proud as well. Enjoy the pictures!


Family Pictures

1 comment:

TheGleeds said...

These are beautiful pictures Suz. Wish I could've been there :)