Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas is Coming! I LOVE It!

Ok, so Clayton's been in California since Friday and I'm going to pick him up from the airport tonight but he has no idea I've put up all our Christmas decorations! I hope he's surprised! :P

It may seem silly to put up pictures of my decorations, but here they are anyway!
Here's the small fake tree we're settling for this Christmas. It's pretty cute though, right? Plus, we'll be in Hawaii for 10 days including Christmas so I didn't think a real one was necessary. Oh, and we already have some Christmas packages under the tree thanks to Grandma Smith who is always so on the ball!
The mini star on top is an ornament I bought and bent the top branch through! Tricky, huh?!The big ornaments didn't work on our tree so I found another way to display them! These pretty little reindeer are from Clayton's mom (as are a lot of our decorations, actually) who is very talented at interior design and I think used to decorate other people's homes at the holidays! Thanks!

These giant red ornaments were fun to work with. I hung them on the drapery rod (which came with the house but for which we have no drapes!)






And the star of the show is our Mele Kalikimaka dog my parents gave us last year! And yes, he sings - in a low rumbly voice mind you - and dances! Pretty cute!
On a separate note, all our framed pictures to this point from our wedding have been 4X6's, but we finally blew some up and put this set of three 8X10 pictures up in our bare-walled bedroom. Pretty fun! Wow, time flies...

5 comments:

Garan said...

Your decorations are so cute! I love it! It was so fun to see you on Thanksgiving. I was telling Garan how great it was to get to know you and Clayton better! On a sad note, I can't come to Rachel's shower on Saturday. I have a class I have to take about teaching reading more effectively :(! Have fun!

holo said...

Awww. So Christmassy! I am sure Clayton appreciated all the decorations, assuming he noticed them when he got home.

pamelasue said...

So cute! You always do such fun things. Can't wait to see you again at the shower!

Ciara said...

Cute! I love decorating for Christmas!!

Becky said...

Looks so cute Susan! You definitely have a decorators touch!

XX