Congratulations to the BYU men's rugby team! As of about 5 minutes ago they are the 2009 Division 1 NCAA Champions for men's rugby! They just BEAT Cal and made history for the team and for the sport. This is the first time Cal has not won the national championship since 2003, and this is BYU Rugby's first! Clayton is so pumped and excited for the team right now! He's been on the phone with his old rugby buddies non-stop. I love it! --- ok.. now I'm editing this ten minutes later.. Clayton's so excited! He had to leave and go over to his friend Johnny's to watch sports center after explaining that he just felt like he needed to be with the guys and giving me a happy kiss on the cheek! Thank you BYU rugby for making my husband a happy man tonight! ---
Check out the stats here (then scroll down).
----
Three awesome articles about the game:
Article 1
Article 2
Article 3
---
QUOTES:
Quote from BYU player Vito: "When the final whistle blew, it was an unbelievable feeling. I was asking people, 'Am I dreaming?' I have a bag of silver at home but to graduate and have a gold medal is awesome."
From Alex Goff (his article at erugbynews.com): "BYU wins the national college title... Such an event has to be considered good for the game simply because ther's a new champion in town. So, too, was the fact the game will be on ESPNU, that 6,200 fans came to see the games over the weekend at Stanford, and dispite all the complaints to the contrary, no Californian team won Saturday. It seems traveling all the way to Stanford can agree with you."
(Boy do we wish we could have been down there for the game!)
From BYU head coach David Smyth: "This has been a long time coming and the guys worked enormously hard for it." (Quoted in the same article above from Alex Goff)
Saturday, May 2, 2009
BYU Rugby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
haha, yeah yeah. tell Clayton he's a turncoat!
remember that time Clayton, Brad, and I were all a BYU-Cal rugby game and Cal won? I do. :)
just kidding. congrats to BYU and i'm sure Clayton is stoked!
Great! Too bad Clayton couldn't be on the field for this one!
That is fabulous! I am happy for BYU and for Clayton.
Post a Comment