Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Status Update

Just wanted to let you know I've updated our status (now our "About Us") section located in the left sidebar. It has been the same since march of last year! Biggest news for those who didn't know is that Clayton has switched from pursuing Dental School to Law School! I am so proud of him for having the courage to move forward. It's scary, you know? But when one door closes, another one opens. That sure does take the pressure off wondering WHY and WHAT WAS THAT ALL FOR etc. And our knowledge of the Gospel helps us understand that sometimes things don't work out for a reason. I know Clayton will make a spectacular lawyer and will be able to help many people. I also know that the Lord has had a hand in guiding us these last few months as we had to choose the direction to go.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Congratulations on your decision! I completely agree, when one door closes, another one opens. When Christopher and I both got rejected to our first choices for schooling the first couple of times around, we saved our rejection letters because we figured they paved the way as much as the acceptance letters. Now when we look back we can really see that there was a purpose for them.

Also, loved your tanning bed story!

Ok, and the other day I saw those green bags at the store and didn't buy them because I didn't believe they worked! I am TOTALLY going to buy those now!

Lastly, can you give us a little more information about this "crumbs.com" thing? Do you do it? How does it work!

Ok, sorry for the marathon comment!

Claytie and Suzie said...

Hey Alicia! Thanks :)! The Crumbs.com site works, but I haven't used it in a while. My dad does, I think. He got me started in it. All you do is shop online but you link to your online sores (even ebay) trough Big Crumbs and you get a certain percentage of your purchase back. If you tell a friend you earn more so I put the link down there a long time ago. To be honest, though, I don't shop enough online for it to be worth it. Maybe around Christmas time. I think I've used it twice and made 81 cents! Woo hoo! lol.. but if you make larger purchases it can add up, I'm sure. Dad, if you are reading this, do you still use the big crumbs site??

TheGleeds said...

You guys are amazing and a great example to us. Just one more reason for us to live close - so your optimisticawesomenessupliftingness (like my word?)can rub off on us, particularly on me! ;)

Kate Kaczmarek said...

Hello there can you please send me your gmail address Susan and Clayton we are always proud of you no matter what and we love you so much. Below is my contact info, blog site and web site for the townhouses
kate kaczmarek
katekaz1830@gmail.com
pointventuretownhouses.blogspot.com
awesomevacationrental.com