Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

California Wedding Trip

Hello! Well, this last weekend Clayton and I got to travel to CA for a wedding. Clayton's best friend from high school, Greg, married his high school sweetheart Martha. We stayed with Clayton's aunt Deanne (A.K.A. Tooty) and uncle Jim and their two boys Nicholas and Jameson in Palo Alto. Thank you to them for housing us and letting us raid their fridge! It was fun to spend some time with them in their beautiful home. Heather, Clayton's sister, also flew down so that was great to be able to spend some time with her. She stayed with the grandparents, Chuck and Betty Everson (A.K.A. Gamma and Gampa or Buck and Chetty!), in Menlo Park and brought them around so we got to spend time with them also. We even spent some time in the sun at the pool at their apartment complex. Thanks to them for that! It was also nice, though short, to see and visit with Clayton's other grandmother Janet Leonard (Grandma Janet) and her sister Shirley (Aunt Shirley) who lives with her, also in Menlo Park. I love how there are specific names and nicknames for family members on Clayton's side!
So the wedding was spectacular. I mean, AMAZING. Wow. They got married in a beautiful forest setting in the Santa Cruz hills at a place called Nestldown. Apparently Nicholas Cage got married there. They had a train to ride and a 'fantasy garden' with a hobbit home. So fun! Everything about the wedding was perfect. The setting, the appetizers, the group size, the music, the food, the cake, and the dancing! This really good band played called "The Cheeseballs." We had a blast and it was really fun for me to meet some of Clayton's friends from high school and get to know Greg and his family.



We also took part in two missionary phone-calls home Sunday for mother's day! Clayton's little brother Charlie (A.K.A. Chum) got to call and my little brother Mitch called me after he spoke with my mom and dad to say hi and I missed him! I called him back and I think I got him in trouble because I think his mission president mom picked up!Charlie is in the Richmond, VA mission and Mitchell is in the Spokane, WA mission (Spanish speaking). We love and miss these two guys!

1 comment:

anne said...

We're bummed we missed seeing you while you were in California, but it sounds like you had a ton of family to see. The wedding did look amazing!