Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

OHIO


We've made our decision! We will be heading to Toledo, Ohio, in August for Clayton to start law school at the University of Toledo College of Law. We know the University of Toledo is the right for us and from the day we got the acceptance letter we have had a good feeling about it. It's a HUGE change for us, though! Here are some stats I found on Wikipedia for Toledo:

In 2000, population was 313,619
Warmest month = July (average high 83 °F; average low 63 °F)
Coldest month = January (average high 31 °F; average low 16 °F)

Trivia:
The Toledo Zoo has been consistently rated as one of the nation's ten best zoos.
Toledo has a minor league baseball team called the Toledo Mud Hens!
Toledo is known as the Glass City because of its long history of innovation in all aspects of the glass industry, for example: the first building to be completely covered in glass was constructed in Toledo in 1936.
Toledo was built on a swamp and used to be referred to as “frogtown.”
Famous actors from Toledo: Jamie Farr & Katie Holmes

Well, wish us luck with the house-hunt and the doctor-hunt (for the baby) which are in full swing! Clayton is headed out to Toledo this upcoming weekend to take a look at housing options and get things squared away. It's pretty scary, but exciting at the same time.


11 comments:

holo said...

For Clayton how could moving to Toledo be scarier than living with his inlaws for 7 months?

Jen said...

Yay! congrats! That is exciting, I am sure you will love it.

Buddy said...

Sweet! You'll be a lot closer to Becky and I now! Congrats Clayton

Ryan said...

You'll be a lot closer to Becky and I now too! :)

grandmasmith said...

I've heard of the Toledo Mud Hens! Congratulations on the decision. You didn't say when you would be going.

Claytie and Suzie said...

Oh, grandma, we're not exactly sure but we'll probably be moving around the 9th-14th of August. We'll be flying back to Vegas from here on August 4th. From Vegas Clayton and his dad will drive a U-Haul and I'll fly out a few days later and meet them there.That's that plan so far!

pamelasue said...

That sounds so exciting! I am sure you will love it. I'm glad you feel so good about it, that peace of mind is priceless when going into the "great unknown!" Congratulations!

Natalie said...

People often go from Ann Arbor to Toledo to the zoo instead of Detroit. It's not that far away so you guys can hit up a UofM game and think of us! :) You'll have a great time!

Unknown said...

yay! only 11 hours away! :) congrats, guys!

Annie said...

congrats on the baby girl to come! so exciting! We will have to come visit you guys in Ohio now i guess since we never made it to paradise! congrats again.

Alexis Poelman said...

Congrats, Clayton! And I like the post, very interesting and informative :).