Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Blankie For Our Baby Girl

Well, I've officially finished my first craft for our baby girl! No name picked out yet, by the way, but if I could pick a color that could describe the sweet spirit I feel from this little girl it would be lilac! Sounds silly, I know, but ever since I saw the ultrasound and got a glimps of this little angel I've had this feeling that purples (lilacs and lavenders) just fit! If you had asked me what colors I thought I'd use for our little girls nursery before I would've said "no idea!", and probably would've picked pink before purple, but there you have it! I'm going with purples! ANYWAY! Here are some pics of the blanket I crocheted for her. It's not perfect, but it's made with lots of love. Now.. what to make next?!

5 comments:

grandmasmith said...

Good for you! The pick one here is coming along. At least 3 rows a day.

grandmasmith said...

Sorry, I did mean pink not pick...

grandmasmith said...

Somehow I kept commenting the same thing twice. What can I say? I will be 76!

Anonymous said...

I might be having the same problem as Gram cuz it just deleted my comment - oh well - That is so special Suz! She will love it! You will have to teach me how to crochet at Christmas :) BEX

Penelope said...

Wow, Susan! I love the blanket you crocheted for her. What a special gift! Oh, and lilac is such a great color choice.