Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Martian Half Marathon, Dearborn MI

Saturday I ran my 3rd half marathon! I did better than my first, but not as good as my second. Here are my results:
Time: 1:54:43.6 (8:34 min mile pace)
29th out of 136 females ages 25-30
127th out of 914 total female runners
519th out of 1,838 total runners

It was an out and back race so I got to see my fan club (Clayton and Hailey!) 3 times during the race! That was the best part, especially since I new NO ONE! It was hard not knowing the course at all.. not being able to visualize how far I had to go. As far as my body goes, during the race my left calf tightened up and I had a weird pinching in my back, right in between my shoulder blades! I also had some chest pain up high in the middle, but I figure it must've been heart-burn. I felt slow.. I was actually surprised at my time! But with stopping to stretch once, quick drinks 3 times, and getting to give my baby girl and a kiss twice, I feel pretty good about the time :). Here are some pictures!

Clayton documenting his adventure with Hailey! He's got a DVD player set up with baby Einstein while they wait for me! :) Hailey managed to have two VERY POOPY diapers for dad to change in the front seat of the car he had just cleaned that week! He ran out of wipes even, but had just enough to get the job done.. good job dad!
Getting ready to cheer for mom!
(something about Clayton wearing Hailey in that carrier is just so cute!)
Smiling for the camera!
My one friend from the race :). She noticed my big island running co. shirt. She was there a few weeks before.
Feeling pretty tired!
mmm... pizza!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice job, susan! You're so fast, even when you feel slow! :)

MSH said...

I can't believe you only trained for 2 months and you ran so fast! That is awesome! Good job!